Thursday, September 30, 2010

My Morning Thought

i have lots of things in my mind lately.
as i quoted this person said to me,
'..after all, all of us will have our own path
and there's no other way unless to accept it..'

i know this will come soon or later
that things will never be the same again

in fact,
things in life are never the same

Below story represent my thought at this moment.


Memory and salt


I arrive in Madrid
at eight o'clock in the morning.
I will only be here a few hours,
so it's not worth phoning friends
and arranging to see them.
I decide to go for a walk alone
in my favourite places,
and I end up sitting smoking a cigarette
on a bench in the Retiro Park.

'You look miles away,' says an old man,
joining me on the bench.
'Oh, I'm here,' I say,
'but I'm sitting on this same bench
with a painter friend of mine, Anastasio Ranchal,
twelve years ago in 1986.
We are both watching my wife, Christina,
who has had a bit too much to drink
and is trying to dance the flamenco.'

'Enjoy your memories,' says the old man.
'But don't forget that memory is like salt:
the right amount brings out the flavour in food,
too much ruins it.
If you live in the past all the time,
you'll find yourself with no present to remember.'


taken from :
Stories for Parents, Children and Grandchildren Volume 1
by Paulo Coelho

No comments:

Post a Comment